VIENNA – Adam Opel GmbH will build its all-new future small car, positioned below the Corsa, at its Opel Eisenach GmbH plant in the east German state of Thuringia. The start of the car’s serial production, dubbed by German media as the Junior, is planned for 2013. Plans call for about 100,000 units annually. At a later stage, Opel may build a battery-electric version for zero-emission city driving. “Our €90 million ($120 million) investment in the Eisenach plant will significantly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.