SCOTTSDALE, AZ – BMW AG may migrate its next-generation X3 cross/utility vehicle and Z4 sports car line to the new 3-Series platform, executives say. “It’s not a done deal,” Albin Dirndorfer, director-driving dynamics development, says here at the international media launch of the new 3-Series hardtop convertible. “The platform has to fit the car. We don’t want to push a car into a platform.” The first consideration is ensuring every BMW vehicle exhibits the brand’s distinctive handling ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.