The 2011 Fuel Economy Guide lists 68 cars, down from prior-year’s 85, as gas-guzzlers – a decrease of nearly 20%. The decline comes against a backdrop of increased attention on fuel economy. Auto makers are focused on the issue because of strict government mandates and U.S. consumers, stung by record-high pump prices in 2008, are wary as average per-gallon cost of regular-grade flirts with $3 nationwide. Exotics and ultra-luxury cars dominate the ’11 model-year’s naughty list. Six ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.