LA JOLLA, CA – Despite a recent spike in gas prices in the U.S., which for awhile hovered near $3 a gallon, Hyundai Motor America is finding more than half the new Sonata sedans it is selling are equipped with V-6 engines. The ’06 Sonata is available with either a 2.4L 4-cyl. or 3.3L V-6 mill. Hyundai initially expected to sell slightly more V-6s than 4-cyl. models. Hyundai Sonata Common sense suggests people gravitate to vehicles with smaller engines when gas prices increase, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.