Russia’s OAO GAZ has sent its first shipment of 250 Volga 3110 cars to Iraq. A total of 436 Volgas will be exported to Iraq by the end of 2003, a company spokesman says. GAZ expects to complete delivery of 5,000 cars, worth €44 million ($54 million), in first-quarter 2004. Originally, GAZ signed an agreement with Iraq’s Ministry of Trade in 2001, as part of the United Nations’ “oil for food” program. GAZ’s current partner is the Ministry of Transport and Communication. The cars, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.