VIENNA – OAO GAZ, Russia’s second-largest vehicle maker, plans to phase out production of its Volga passenger cars within the next few years. Oleg Deripaska, chairman of Bazovy Element, which controls GAZ, says the vehicle maker will focus on commercial vehicles in the future. Volga 31105 to be phased out. GAZ considered various strategies but decided lack of money would prevent the development and production of a completely new model range that would be competitive. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.