NIZHNIY NOVGOROD, Russia – Despite the war in Iraq, OAO GAZ, Russia’s second-largest vehicle maker, is continuing the production of Volga 3110 cars destined for Iraq, GAZ General Manager Alexey Barantsev tells a gathering of journalists here. Some 300 units were manufactured through the end of March. The plan calls for the production of 200 cars in April and 2,600 in May. “United Nations representatives have to tell us which harbor can accept our cars,” says Barantsev. He says the money ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.