Volvo Cars of North America LLC President Doug Speck predicts business as usual as the Swedish auto maker transitions to ownership under China’s Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, but some analysts say changes are inevitable. Speck, in an interview with Ward’s, says Geely founder Li Shufu, referred to by some as “China’s Henry Ford,” believes Volvo should “remain true to its heritage and brand values.” That means continuing to be a Swedish company, “with our headquarters, design, engineering ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.