DETROIT -- Every now and then, you've just gotta go for displacement. Last year, when General Motors Corp.'s Duramax 6.6L turbodiesel V-8 won a Ward’s 10 Best Engines award in its first year of production, we thought perhaps we'd just been overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of a totally new V-8 diesel with every available new-generation design trick. We just don't get diesels in this market, you know, and the Duramax is a damn good one, even if it is offered only in medium-duty pickups. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.