Gentex Corp. has a bright idea — one that could revolutionize the interior lighting business and at the same time propel the Zeeland, MI, company into a whole new market as an automotive supplier. The company is introducing a new light-emitting diode (LED) that is 10 times brighter than any other LEDs used now in, for instance, brake lights or digital clocks. For the first time, this high-intensity LED produces white light for illumination purposes. That means that every incandescent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.