“Dubs.” That’s tuner slang for the big 20-in.-plus aftermarket wheels that are redefining the look of cars and trucks in every neighborhood in America. When hip-hop artists and burgeoning movie stars such as Snoop Dog and Ice Cube talk about “dubs,” it’s a trend. When Gary Cowger, president-GM North America, mentions “dubs” – as he did when he introduced GM’s new lineup of oversized aftermarket wheels at last November’s Specialty Equipment Market Assn. (SEMA) show in Las Vegas – it’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.