German engineering union IG Metall says it is planning a warning strike, which usually involves brief work stoppages, on March 25 in Saxony, the location of Volkswagen AG’s headquarters and plant. The union wants wage increases of 6.5% for its 2.8 million members. West German union laws prohibit workers from taking industrial action prior to March 28, four weeks after the last wage contract ended.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.