A comprehensive report from a European Union think tank praises Germany’s handling of the current recession, citing the success of its car-scrappage scheme for propping up the market and preventing permanent job cuts in the auto industry. “Recent Restructuring Trends and Policies in the Automotive Sector,” a study released by Dublin-based EU agency the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, also explains how Germany’s entrenched short-term job sharing and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.