German supplier Mann+Hummel GmbH is developing products for electric and hybrid-electric vehicles, such as the battery-pack frame for the upcoming Chevrolet Volt extended-range EV. However, internal-combustion engines will remain the company’s primary focus for some time. To that end, engineers are working with customers and suppliers of high-tech plastics to extend Mann+Hummel’s product portfolio, says Charles Vaillant, vice president-advanced development and corporate strategy. Best ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.