YPSILANTI, MI – How do you achieve a fender stamping with a draw deeper than Warren Buffet’s pockets? That challenge would drive most engineers around the bend. But Chrysler Group LLC solved the dilemma with help from The Gerstenslager Co. in Ohio. The redesigned-for-’10 Ram heavy-duty pickup features rear fender flares that have a 19-in. (48.3-cm) draw when the truck is equipped a dual axle. It is believed to be the deepest draw of any conventional panel in the industry, while the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.