STUTTGART – Getrag GmbH & Cie KG, the German manual transmission specialist, has seven contracts to produce dual-clutch transmissions (DCTs) for vehicle projects launching between 2007 and 2010. The transmissions, pioneered by Volkswagen AG and Audi AG in 2003, rapidly will displace both manual and conventional (torque-converter) automatic transmissions in the market over the next 10 years, Getrag Executive Vice President Bernd Eckl says. Getrag also has five additional contracts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.