Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. President Carlos Ghosn says he wants a car-making deal with a Chinese OEM by the end of 2002. Ghosn says negotiations are “continuing in a positive and constructive spirit” with Chinese OEMs, including Dongfeng Automobile Co. Ltd., on setting up a joint venture for production of Nissan vehicles in the country. Nissan wants to take a larger share of sales from the expanding Chinese auto market.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.