PARIS – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. will be a full partner in Renault SA’s project in India to build an ultra-low-cost (ULC) competitor to Tata Motors Ltd.’s Nano small car. The two auto makers signed a memorandum of understanding with Baja Auto Ltd. on May 12 to build a 400,000-unit plant and a car that can sell wholesale for $2,500. Each of the partners will sell the model, which is due in 2011. However, the decision on branding is yet to be decided. “Every company will have its own car,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.