NEW YORK – Carlos Ghosn, chairman and CEO of the Renault SA-Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Alliance, predicts electric vehicles will account for 10% of the vehicle market by 2020, but they won't be coming from startup firms. “The public is not going to buy electric vehicles from small companies,” he says. The Brazilian-born auto executive says consumers will not be willing to take a chance with new technology produced by untried vehicle manufacturers. He declines to comment on whether this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.