FRANKLIN, TN – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s North American headquarters will have fewer employees here than in its soon-to-be vacated base in Los Angeles, but CEO and President Carlos Ghosn says the move, while disruptive, is necessary for long-term health. Nissan’s new headquarters, set for completion in mid-2008, will have slightly more than 1,000 staffers, roughly 300 fewer than it has today. About 525 workers are moving from L.A. to Franklin, some 20 miles (32 km) southwest of Nashville. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.