Chrysler LLC’s decision to divide Dodge brand administration by product line portends greater focus on the marque’s underperforming car business, according to insiders and observers. The move also represents a “vote of confidence” in design guru Ralph Gilles, named president and CEO of the new division, and suggests a strategic departure for Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. Historically, Marchionne favors executives with business backgrounds as brand chiefs. Gilles, while having an MBA ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.