CELAYA, GUANAJUATO, Mexico – GKN Driveline can expect to save on yellow paint at its operations here because it may no longer need those ubiquitous plant-floor caution lines. The Tier 1 supplier is on a fast track to reduce or eliminate forklifts from the pedestrian-traffic areas of its plants. GKN will use hand trucks instead and, where feasible, automated guided vehicles (AGVs). “That’s the plan for the next two years,” Manufacturing Director Fermin Moreno says. “We are working toward ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.