A final tally of global new vehicle sales and production shows drops in both categories for 1998, with sales down 0.8% and output off 2.3%. New vehicle sales in the 23 countries surveyed by Ward's totaled 43,773,957 units in calendar 1998, compared to 44,116,952 in 1997. Sales were up 3.7% in North America (18,061,120) and 7.4% in Western Europe (15,451,160), but slumped 16.8% in Brazil and Argentina (1,961,983) and 16.7% in Japan-South Korea-China (7,985,308). Of the total sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.