WARREN, MI – It’s the exotic stuff such as hybrids that get all the headlines, but sometimes it’s a lot of little things that have the biggest impact on reducing gasoline consumption. That’s the message engineers send here in detailing new technology and design improvements that will boost fuel economy about 1 mpg (0.4 km/L) in General Motors Corp. light-duty fullsize pickups and SUVs for ’05. Silverado’s class-leading highway fuel economy to get better in ’05. Auto makers are under ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.