General Motors Corp. plans to offer 4-wheel steering on its '03 model fullsize pickups and sport/utility vehicles as a way to make them more maneuverable. GM will offer the roughly $2,000 to $3,000 option on its '03 model Suburban and 3/4 ton Silverado/Sierra pickups. Whether consumers would be willing to pay that much for such an option on a truck is unknown, but it was high costs that helped hamper earlier attempts at 4-wheel steering on Japanese cars in the early 1990s. GM's truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.