General Motors of Canada will add a third shift at its Oshawa, Ont., Canada, plant to increase production of the fast-selling Chevrolet Impala sedan. GM Canada and Canadian union officials expect the third shift to add 1,000 jobs. The plant is currently running on maximum overtime for the Impala and Chevrolet Monte Carlo, but still is not able to meet demand. Impala sales are up 19% in the U.S. and 24% in Canada this year.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.