General Motors Corp. will add a third shift and about 500 temporary workers at its Delta Township, MI, assembly plant to meet demand for its Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook cross/utility vehicles. The announcement of the additional shift comes on the heels of a decision Monday to lay off an undetermined number of full- and part-time employees at its Pontiac, MI, truck plant. The auto maker cited weak demand for the heavy-duty Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups built at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.