General Motors Corp. makes it official, approving plans for a $400 million-$500 million upgrade to its Saturn Corp. assembly plant in Spring Hill, TN. The new tooling program will allow the facility to produce the next-generation Ion small cars and Vue cross/utility vehicle, and follows ratification of a new labor agreement that for the first time puts Spring Hill workers under the same contract as most other GM plants. (See related story: Spring Hill to Get More Product as Workers Ratify ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.