VIENNA – GM-AvtoVAZ hikes this year’s production plan for its Chevrolet Niva cross/utility vehicle to about 58,000 units at its plant in Togliatti, Russia. Original schedules called for the output of 52,000 of the vehicles this year. The auto maker is increasing daily production from 224 units to 266 on two 8-hour shifts. It will hire more than 100 additional employees in order to manage the volume increase. The move marks the second output boost this year for the Niva, which began ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.