VIENNA – GM-AvtoVAZ, the Russian joint-venture plant, plans to add production of Lada-badged SUVs in addition to the Chevrolet Niva small cross/utility vehicle it currently manufactures. “We have signed a memorandum about the development of GM-AvtoVAZ,” AvtoVAZ President Igor Komarov tells the Russian business daily Vedomosti. “We plan to increase the annual capacity (of the JV) to 120,000 cars a year, half of which will be manufactured with the Lada badge.” GM-AvtoVAZ is located in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.