General Motors Corp.’s GM-Avtovaz Russian joint venture will increase daily output of the Chevrolet Niva SUV from 35-40 units daily to 70-80. Reports say a 2-shift workday will be instituted to accommodate the increase in production. GM-Avtovaz has said it wants to produce 35,000 SUVs this year. It is planning on adding a third shift at the Moscow facility in August, which will bring daily output to 120 vehicles. A new paint shop also will open at the JV April 2.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.