General Motors Corp.'s board of directors will decide March 5 whether to make a bid for beleaguered South Korean automaker Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., a GM insider tells Ward's. GM's negotiating team, led by Alan Perriton, executive in charge of acquisitions for Asia/Pacific, recently was reassembled in Korea in preparation for a possible bid (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Feb. 19, '01, p.3). And it's Mr. Perriton's report — due this week — that likely will be the final word prior to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.