SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. is negotiating with the state of Rio Grande do Sul for tax concessions to build a new model at its Gravatai Rio Grande do Sul factory, where the successful Celta subcompact is built. GM Brazil wants to add a Celta variant to its Gravatai plant. The proposed concessions are similar to those negotiated seven years ago, when the Celta factory was first proposed – some $325 million in controversial tax breaks and other subsidies were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.