SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. builds its 400,000th Chevrolet Celta small car this month, marking a 4-year journey. The Celta plant, once referred to as Blue Macaw for its plan to integrate suppliers in and around the plant, was inaugurated in its Gravatai, Rio Grande do Sul, with subsidies from the state of Rio Grande do Sul. Celta is GM Brazil’s best-selling Chevy model. Ford Motor do Brasil Ltda. was granted subsidies as well, which eventually were withdrawn by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.