GM Brazil’s current Celta model. SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. executives made a pilgrimage to Detroit recently to convince top brass to invest between $210 million and $240 million to produce a new model at the Celta plant in Gravatai, Rio Grande do Sul. Luiz Moan, GM Brazil’s director of Institutional Affairs, says Mexico and China also are interested in building the vehicle. A decision is expected in the next three months. Meanwhile, representatives of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.