SAO PAULO — China is expected to become the largest importer of Brazil-produced General Motors Corp. vehicles in 2001. GM's Brazilian subsidiary plans to sell Blazers to China in a 10-year contract. GM makes Blazer sport/utility vehicles and S-10 pickups at a joint venture plant in Shengyang. The vehicles will be shipped as complete-knock-down kits to be assembled and receive final finish in China. GM do Brasil's largest client in 2000 was Venezuela, although Argentina held the position ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.