SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. wants the government here to help the auto parts industry. GM Brazil President Ray Young is asking the government to help component makers expand production capacity in Brazil through the state-owned National Development Bank, BNDES. He says the industry needs $1 billion to expand production capacity. The biggest challenge for increasing vehicle production is the limited capacity of the auto parts manufacturers in the country, he says. Young ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.