SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. takes the title of the No.1 vehicle producer in 2004 for the first time since its arrival in the country 80 years ago. It also recorded a 30% increase in exports vs. 2003. The auto maker produced more than 563,000 vehicles. GM operations in Brazil and Argentina, combined, produced more than 620,000. Overall production in Brazil last year hit a record 2.2 million vehicles.(See related story: Brazil’s Vehicle Output to Exceed Year’s Expectations) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.