DETROIT – General Motors Corp.’s ’08 Chevrolet Malibu breaks new ground with a segment-exclusive powertrain combination mating a newly developed 6-speed transmission with the auto maker’s 2.4L DOHC 4-cyl. for improved fuel economy and drivability. But whatever additional demand the new powertrain might inject into an already white-hot product could go unmet if Malibu’s primary manufacturing plant does not soon ratify a local contract and avoid a potential walkout by its United Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.