SEOUL — David M. Jerome, managing director of GM Korea, tells Ward's Automotive International that GM plans to produce the YGM-1 subcompact concept car at GM's new facility in Thailand. The car, first shown at last year's Tokyo auto show, is a collaboration between GM and partner Suzuki Motor Corp. Jerome says the car will be marketed under the Chevrolet brand in Korea in 2001. GM owns a 10% stake in Suzuki.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.