WILLOW RUN, MI – Confirming its promise to develop premium drivetrain components that compete with the world’s best, General Motors Corp. announces it will build an advanced 6-speed automatic transmission at a former WWII bomber-making plant here. Six-speed automatic earmarked for upscale GM cars and light trucks. The new Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic, says Homi Patel, vice president and general manager-manufacturing operations for GM Powertrain, is earmarked for “up-level ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.