General Motor Corp. says it will construct a new rollover test facility at its Milford, MI, proving grounds. The new facility is the centerpiece of a $33 million investment GM says it will make in state-of-the-art crash-testing capability. The $10 million test center will be used to develop rollover-sensing systems for airbags and design occupant protection systems that reduce the likelihood of passenger ejection in a crash. GM says the facility will open late next year and will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.