VIENNA – General Motors Corp. has canceled near-term plans to sell the Chevrolet Niva in Central and Western Europe. Last year, GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. said it would begin sales of the Niva, a small SUV manufactured at the ZAO GM-AvtoVAZ joint venture plant in Togliatti, Russia, through its Western Europe distribution network during first-quarter 2005. “We don’t have plans right now to export that as a Chevrolet into Europe. That’s the situation,” GM Daewoo President and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.