General Motors Corp. officials are declining comment on whether Chairman John F. Smith Jr. met privately last week with South Korea President Kim Dae-Jung to discuss possible acquisition of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. GM has been in serious discussions on a possible takeover of the bankrupt automaker since September. Mr. Smith was scheduled to introduce Mr. Kim as a guest speaker at a business luncheon in Chicago on Friday, March 9. The event was hosted by the Mid America Committee and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.