A Chinese court has taken the first steps in accepting the GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. copyright infringement suit against Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. for its apparent cloning of the Chevrolet Spark, the Chinese version of what was the Daewoo Matiz. In addition, the lawsuit charges that Chery "used a Matiz in disguise in place of (the) QQ to pass relevant collision tests and thus receiving state approval for production and sales." Sheet metal on the Chevrolet Spark ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.