GM China Group is in negotiations to export China-made vehicles to Japan. The talks with General Motors Corp.’s Japanese arm have been ongoing for a couple of years now but soon may culminate in a deal, says Phil Murtaugh, GM China chairman and CEO. GM China may soon export the GL8 minivan The vehicle intended for Japan is the GL8, a minivan made at the Shanghai-General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd., based on the Chevrolet Venture. Exports would be in small numbers, as it only ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.