DEARBORN, MI – U.S. Dept. of Energy Secretary Steven Chu delivers Ford Motor Co. $5.9 billion in loans to retool assembly plants for more fuel-efficient vehicles and says money could arrive soon at struggling rivals General Motors Corp. and Chrysler Group LLC, but warns there are no guarantees. “The day Chrysler exited bankruptcy we started discussions with them about the loans,” Chu says at a presentation here inside Ford’s research and development building. “With regard to GM, we have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.