DETROIT – Despite the American public’s growing interest in small cars, General Motors Corp. will launch the all-new Chevrolet Cruze compact car in Europe almost a full year ahead of its debut in the U.S. Ed Peper, GM North America vice president-Chevrolet, says the strategy is based on a desire to maintain the brand’s momentum overseas and preserve an orderly product cadence at home. Manufacturing capacity was not a factor in determining Europe will benefit from a March 2009 Cruze ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.