General Motors Corp. officially confirms plans to close its historic Lansing, MI, assembly plant and lay off more than 3,000 UAW hourly workers. The facility, opened in 1920, currently builds the Pontiac Grand Am and Chevrolet Classic – the old version of the Chevrolet Malibu. Numerous Oldsmobile models also have been produced at the plant over the years, including the Cutlass, Skylark and most recently, the Alero. Oldsmobile production ended last year. GM says Lansing will close around ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.