ADELAIDE – Retiring Holden Ltd. Chairman and Managing Director Peter Hanenberger says a decision by parent General Motors Corp. on using Holden's rear-wheel-drive platform in the U.S. and European markets could be made in the next month. "We have now a 6-cyl. high-tech engine that we are providing for GM throughout the world," he says on Australian television. "We have large cars, rear-wheel driven, with 6- and 8-cyl. engines and vehicles (that) could create a fantastic platform." ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.